[please note this is an example job role and not a live vacancy]
This is a senior role at a company making podcasts about real-life events and situations.
This role normally involves:
• Executive-producing episodes and series. ‘Executive-producing’ means being the senior person in charge of making sure the programme is made to the right standard and on time. An ‘episode’ is a single programme – this will be part of a ‘series’, in other words a larger amount of programmes.
• Giving editorial and creative feedback to producers and presenters to improve stories
• Working alongside journalists and presenters as well as producers and assistant producers
• Generating and pitching ideas
What makes a good Executive Producer of Podcasts?
• Proven experience in audio production
• Strong and creative story-telling skills
• A hands-on and collaborative approach to editing and scripting
• A love of audio and wide ranging podcast listening habits
• An understanding of podcast production
• A passion for uncovering great stories
• A particular interest in long form narrative storytelling
• Strong organisational skills and experience of keeping to schedules and working to deadlines
• Experience of working collaboratively with programme presenters and the production team
For information about other roles, go to careers in audio production.