One of AudioUK’s core functions is to represent the interests of its members, and has over the years built strong relationships with the Government, Parliament, Ofcom and major broadcasters and publishing platforms.
Independent audio producers are responsible for many of the most critically-acclaimed UK podcasts, audiobooks and radio programmes. UK audio companies also are successful internationally, for example in the New York Festivals International Radio Awards.
AudioUK also contributes to the policy debate in other areas, for example skills policy and increasing diversity in the media industry.
For more information contact Will Jackson, AudioUK Managing Director, or Tim Wilson, AudioUK Policy & Communications Adviser.
Note that all papers prior to July 2018 were submitted under our previous organisation name of Radio Independents Group (RIG).
- Soundwaves audio sector bulletin – Summer 2019
- Submission to House of Lords Communications Cttee inquiry into PSB in the age of Video-on-Demand – April 2019
- Response to consultation on Ofcom’s proposed approach to assessing the BBC’s compliance with its Public Service commissioning requirements – September 2018
- Response to Ofcom consultation on holding the BBC to account for the delivery of its mission and public purposes – July 2017
- Response to DCMS consultation on Channel 4 – June 2017
- Response to DCMS consultation on Public Service Broadcasting Contestable Fund – February 2017
- Response to DCMS BBC Charter Review Green Paper – October 2015